In this briefing, speakers will highlight recent successes in geothermal research and address questions, including:
- What are geothermal systems and where are they located?
- What water and land resources are necessary for geothermal energy production?
- How have existing geothermal operations developed innovative solutions to address water use?
- What does the future of geothermal energy production look like?
- Jim Faulds, University of Nevada, Reno, and Nevada State Geologist
- Jordan Macknick, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Andy Sabin, Navy Geothermal Program Office
- Moderator: Doug Hollett, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Department of Energy