- Scott Tinker, Professor and State Geologist of Texas, Bureau of Economic Geology, The University of Texas at Austin
- Rex Buchanan, Senior Policy Advisor, Environmental Defense Fund
- Scott Anderson, Interim Director, Kansas Geological Survey, University of Kansas
- Nick Tew, State Geologist and Oil and Gas Supervisor, Geological Survey of Alabama and State Oil and Gas Board of Alabama
In this briefing, the speakers will address key questions that the geosciences help to address:
- What is the difference between a conventional and an unconventional oil or gas reservoir?
- How much oil and gas may be produced from oil and gas reservoirs domestically?
- How may production from unconventional reservoirs impact the global energy mix?
- What are some of the potential impacts associated with developing these resources, and how can we anticipate them?
- How can geoscience information be of use to regulators who are addressing issues and concerns associated with the
- development of unconventional reservoirs?
Please RSVP to Abby Seadler (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Presented by: American Association for the Advancement of Science, American Association of Petroleum Geologists, American Geophysical Union, American Geosciences Institute, Association of American State Geologists, Geological Society of America, National Science Foundation—Directorate for Geosciences, and U.S. Geological Survey.