8 April 2013
AGU Science Policy Alert 13-17
It may only be April, but AGU is already gearing up for the 2013 AGU Fall Meeting in San Francisco, California, which will be held 9-13 December 2013. In support of AGU’s strategic goal to engage our members in communicating their science and its power to impact the public good to a broad audience, we are trying to include more public affairs-focused programming into the Fall Meeting schedule.
Are you knowledgeable about the societal impacts of your research or have you ever considered giving a policy-oriented talk? By submitting a session proposal, you can help AGU achieve our goal of ensuring that there is a wide variety of science and society sessions at the Fall Meeting. The deadline to submit a session proposal is 19 April 2013 at 11:59 P.M. ET. Some examples of great public affairs sessions from past Fall Meetings include:
- Countering Denial and Manufactured Doubt of the 21st Century
- Defining the Importance of Geosciences
- Priorities and Pitfalls: Pathways for Effective Science Communication
- Population 7 Billion and Growing: Food, Water, & Energy Security in a Changing Climate
- Policy Options for Antarctica’s Changing Climate
- Sustainable Development: Long-Term Science and Policy Challenges
Please pass this information on to colleagues who also may want to submit a session! Check out the 2013 AGU Fall Meeting Web site for more information.