- Brian Anderson, Director of Strategic Research in Energy and Professor, West Virginia University
- Patrick Dobson, Staff Scientist, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Chad Augustine, Geothermal Analysis Team Lead, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
In this briefing, speakers will highlight recent successes in geothermal research and address questions, including:
- What is the potential for geothermal energy, domestically and abroad?
- What is the pathway to generating more than 10% of U.S. electricity from geothermal energy?
- What are the environmental risks and challenges? How can they be mitigated?
- What are the current barriers to geothermal development?
Please RSVP to Abby Seadler (email@example.com).
Presented by: American Association for the Advancement of Science, American Association of Petroleum Geologists, American Geophysical Union, American Geosciences Institute, Association of American State Geologists, Geological Society of America, National Science Foundation—Directorate for Geosciences, and U.S. Geological Survey.