20 April 2012
AGU Science Policy Alert 12-22
AGU is already gearing up for the annual Fall Meeting in San Francisco, California, which will be held this year on 3-7 December 2012! To do so, we are striving to include more Public Affairs activities and increase our engagement of Science and Society at the Fall Meeting. You can help us do this by submitting a session proposal.
Are you knowledgeable about the societal impacts of your research or have you ever considered giving a policy-oriented talk? Then submit a session proposal to ensure there is a wide variety of science and society sessions at the meeting. The deadline to submit a session proposal is Today, 20 April 2011, at 2359 ET. Some examples of Public Affairs sessions from the 2011 Fall Meeting are:
- Shapers of the Debate: What Happens to Science in the Hands of Stakeholders
- Defining the Importance of Geosciences
- Climate Change Science for Communities and Institutions
- Population 7 Billion and Growing: Food, Water, and Energy Security in a Changing Climate
- Policy Options for Antarctica’s Changing Climate
- Sustainable Development: Long-Term Science and Policy Challenges
Please pass this information on to colleagues who also may want to submit a session! For more information about the 2012 Fall Meeting, check out the website.