14 April 2014
AGU Science Policy Alert 14-5
AGU is already gearing up for the 2014 AGU Fall Meeting from 15-19 December 2014 in San Francisco, California. In support of AGU’s strategic goal to engage our members in broadly communicating their science and its benefits to humanity, we are trying to include more science policy-focused programming into the Fall Meeting schedule. You only have two days left to submit a Public Affairs session proposal, so submit today.
Are you knowledgeable about the societal impacts of your research or have you ever considered giving a policy-oriented talk? By submitting a session proposal, you can help AGU achieve our goal of ensuring that there is a wide variety of science and society sessions at the Fall Meeting. The deadline to submit a session proposal to Public Affairs is this Wednesday, 16 April 2014 at 11:59 P.M. EDT.
Some examples of great Public Affairs sessions from past Fall Meetings include:
- Countering Denial and Manufactured Doubt of the 21st Century
- Hydraulic Fracturing: Knowns, Unknowns, and Communication to the Public
- Social Media for Science: Challenges, Opportunities, and Maximizing Impact
- Communicating the Relationship Between Policy Sciences, Natural Hazards, and Global Environmental Change
- Population 7 Billion and Growing: Food, Water, & Energy Security in a Changing Climate
- Why Should We Talk About What We Don’t Know? Implications of Communicating Scientific Uncertainty
- Adapting to and Mitigating the Impacts of Recent Policy Changes
- Scientists Must Film! Using Video to Enhance and Expand Science, and Science Communication
Please pass this information on to colleagues who also may want to submit a Public Affairs session! Check out the 2014 AGU Fall Meeting website for more information.